Honda CRF1100 Africa Twin Off-Road Dongle
Any accidents or incidents arrising from operting your motorcyle in the incorrect ABS mode is your responsibility. Not the responsibility of the manufacture or resaler of this item.
Turn ON/OFF ABS, TC and WC on all CRF1100 (2020+) models with a single click
Dongle that eliminates the annoying and time-consuming switching OFF the Rear ABS, Traction Control and Wheelie Control. All these electronic assistants can be now turned ON/OFF with just one click.
How it works
This Dongle is able to take control and force its own settings to ECU. Moreover it also takes control over the left handlebar keyboard. Just push and shortly hold the "star" button on the handlebar for immediate OFF Traction Control, Rear ABS and Wheelie Control. This can be done immediately after switching the ignition key ON without long waiting for booting the onboard screen. The Dongle also clicks off the annoying safety message for you after starting the motorcycle. Now you can just sit and ride.
Why do you need it
- It completely eliminates the time-consuming setting of electronics when driving in off-road or anywhere else.
- It allows you to return to the riding basics also with the modern bike. Just sit and enjoy the ride.
- Plug-and-play installation. Just disconnect two connectors near the car plug connector and connect the Dongle between them.
- Automatic killing of the safety message after start (click the "ENT" button for you)
- Deactivation of the Rear ABS, TC (Traction Control), and WC (Wheelie Control) by single click
- Work in all riding modes.
- Front ABS is still ON. It can not be turned OFF at all.
- Memory - Dongle can keep its last state after every start.
There is one blemish on beauty - The ECU turns OFF the Rear ABS only after it detects zero speed. You have to stop for a moment so that the Rear ABS really turns OFF, or turn ON the Dongle before starting on. It is not possible to do anything with it. It is just hard-coded in the Africa's ECU.
- Dongle does not affect the function of HEX ezCAN module. Both devices can be used together.
- Tested with latest dashboard software version 3.10. In case of problems with dismissing the message after start, with Android Auto controls etc.. please upgrade your bike to latest firmware folowing the Honda website or ask your authorized service for help with upgrade.
- Working on all types of Honda CRF1100/1100L Africa Twin.
Legality and safety
- Dongle does nothing more than what can be set by hand on the original instrument panel. It just combines all the procedure to one click.
- Please be careful during all riding and especially when you turn OFF the electronics assistants. Turn them OFF only when you know what you are doing!
- Turning Rear ABS OFF causes switching the Front ABS to the off road mode (less sensitive). Please, keep that on mind when you decide to activate the Dongle!
- Can the Dongle destroy anything on the bike in case of failure?
- In case of Dongle failure the bike will enter safe mode but nothing will be damaged. After disconnecting the malfunctioning Dongle everything will return to normal. The error symbol on dashboard will disappear after few short rides.
- Both CAN bus itself and devices connected to this bus are immune to failures of other connected devices so the Dongle failure will not damage them.
- Power is drawn from the 12V socket (from its connector hidden under the side plastic panel) - so the Dongle failure is the same as the failure of your phone charger, only blow the fuse.
- However, this device interferes with other onboard electronic systems even if it is in disabled state. In case of its failure some safety systems may be unavailable. By installing this device, you assume all responsibility for possible damage to health and property caused by the incorrect function of this device and the subsequent malfunction of other electronic systems of the motorcycle.
- Can the Dongle affect the warranty of the bike?
- The Dongle communicates trough the CAN bus data connection between the dashboard and ECU and it is designed to automotive standards. The ECU is unaware of whether the message containing the required settings is transmitted by the Dongle instead of the dashboard. The messages are absolutely identical to those sent by display panel. Therefore, if you disconnect the Dongle prior to making motorcycle warranty claim, there will be no indication that this device was ever connected.
- However, installation of the Dongle is your responsibility. Do not take this as a guide on how to circumvent the motorcycle's warranty conditions. It's just a description of how the Dongle interacts with the bike. It is still a piece of equipment that is not approved by Honda as an original accessory and you are responsible for any problems caused by its installation and use.